Project Architect/Architectural Designer- Residential Remodeling Firm in Atlanta
Award Winning Atlanta based Residential Design + Build Firm is seeking a qualified Residential Architect or Architectural Designer with 7-10 years of experience. Please send cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
About the Position:
MOSAIC Design + Build is seeking a Project Architect/Architectural Designer to join our award-winning team. This role will lead our architectural design work from initial concepts through construction documents as well as collaborate with our Build team during the construction process. This position will interact with clients and will help guide our projects thoroughly and efficiently through the Sales, Planning and Build stages of the projects. Ideal candidate will be a team player, be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently. Must functions well collaboratively as well as independently. We do not want someone looking for a job, but rather a career where you can grow and develop with the company. You will be an integral team member to a small firm whose focus is on high quality design, exceptional customer service and impeccable craftsmanship. Must have residential remodeling design experience and be able to work in 3D software.
When joining our company, you and your career can benefit as follows:
- Collaborative atmosphere where every individual is considered vital to the success of the team
- Pride in delivering a quality product, superior service, and exceptional value
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative thinking
- A competitive drive to be the best in the industry
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing and evolving organization
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measure and photo document existing homes and create accurate as-built drawings.
- Develop creative schematic design drawings to be presented to the Clients
- Work within defined time and budget constraints
- Participate in Design charettes
- Prepare accurate plans, sketches, 3D renderings to company standards
- Prepare accurate construction drawings
- Assist Construction Managers with technical info during the Build phase as needed
- Visit jobsites periodically as needed.
- Participates in and contributes to weekly meetings.
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude, and shares the responsibility for the Company’s success in reaching its goals.
- Pursues continual skills and knowledge improvement on his/her own and through company-sponsored or provided programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Architectural degree or architectural license.
- Ability to create architectural plans and specifications.
- Enthusiastic attitude with the desire to support the Team effort
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized
- Detail Oriented
- Results focused
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Represents the company in a professional manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office as well as ability to adapt to new technology and software
- Competency using SketchUp, Chief Architect or similar 3D software.
- Team player who takes feedback constructively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with a general contracting company specializing in remodeling or residential construction.