|Position: KITCHEN & BATH DESIGNER / SELECTIONS COORDINATOR
Reports to: Principal
|FLSA Status: Exempt
Full or Part-time: Part-time
Salary: Based on Experience
|Summary: MOSAIC Design + Build is growing and has a unique opportunity for a talented Kitchen and Bath Designer/Selections Coordinator to join our award-winning team. We’re looking for a motivated and fun individual that has experience creating designs with Chief Architect and/or SketchUp. This position will interact directly with our clients, including our design and production teams in a collaborative and team-based environment.|
- Interview clients, measure existing homes, create as-built drawings, prepare preliminary designs and develop creative 2D and 3D presentations in Chief Architect.
- Manage and implement the design and finish selections of all interior and exterior renovation projects including kitchens, baths additions, terraces, wine rooms, porches, etc. Fully involved in the design process from initial client meeting all the way through completed construction
- Make all fixture and finish selections with the client, appropriate to the design and budget
- Organize selections within the construction management system for client approvals. Provide takeoffs and work directly with the Estimator to retrieve and organize trade and vendor estimates.
- Draft all construction documents for interior renovation projects including demolition plan, floor plans, wall elevations, electrical plans, technical interior details, and finish schedules.
- Order all finish materials for interior and exterior projects. Work directly with vendors to order product, track shipments, and ensure all product arrives on time and undamaged.
- Work directly with the Project Manager and trades throughout the construction process by performing routine site visits, ensuring the project runs smoothly and within budget. Maintain constant client interaction throughout the construction process.
- Manage and maintain the company resource library, work directly with vendors to stay up to date on new products and trends.
- Work with Design Manager on continued development of the Kitchen and Bath capabilities of MOSAIC to include documented systems, Sales Tools, Showroom revisions, Selections Center and Design Library.
- Project manage small, interior remodels as appropriate, coordinating trades and vendors and making sure installations are done with a high degree of professionalism and quality.
- Applicant must have at least 3-years experience as a Kitchen and Bath designer. Must be able to work in a team environment, have excellent problem-solving skills, be a good listener and be able to communicate and write effectively. Must have a working knowledge of residential design products and be willing to learn.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office, have excellent time management skills and be able to think on your feet to deal with challenges as they arise. Candidate should be self-motivated and be willing to assist the company as needed.
- Ideal candidate would have a degree in interior design or related field of study and be a certified kitchen and bath designer, or working towards certification.
If you would like to be considered for this or future opportunities, click our link below to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.Submit Resume