Reports to: Principal
|FLSA Status: Exempt
Full or Part-time: Part-time
The controller is responsible for all financial aspects of the company including accounting and financial reporting, budgeting and revenue forecasting, and working with MOSAIC owners to position the company for maximum efficiency, growth and financial success. The Controller is also responsible for the supervision of bookkeeping duties and for certain human resources activities including payroll, health benefits administration and retirement plan funding.
- Work as directed to support the organization and team
- Close the books each month by preparing all closing journal entries, reviewing the results, and preparing monthly financial reports
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations. May also reconcile certain accounts on a daily basis as needed.
- Prepare a quarterly financial package for a collaborative review with the principals of the company
- Prepare the annual financial budget and track actual results against the budget on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Calculate employee performance reward bonuses and sales commissions.
- Prepare and maintain revenue forecasting and cash projection reports.
- Supervise the office manager
- Prepare all invoices for Mosaic clients and maintain a billing status report
- Perform various Human Resources duties, including the on-boarding of new employees, (including I-9 processing), coordinating payroll with the payroll company and making the bi-weekly payroll entries on SAGE, serving as a liaison with the brokers for health insurance, the 401k plan and AFLAC, as well as coordinating employee meetings, payroll deductions and invoice payments to the appropriate companies
- Calculate and maintain PTO balances for all employees
- Prepare information for the annual commercial insurance audit and review/pay insurance bills throughout the year
- Maintain written accounting procedures
- Prepare and file all 1099-Misc tax forms
- Maintain the petty cash account
- Prepare all necessary information to submit to tax CPA for tax return.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to translate this knowledge into practical accounting procedures
- Ability to clearly articulate the financial position of the company, both written and verbal
- Has a full range of computer literacy and is able to learn new software quickly
- Ability to teach and supervise bookkeeping duties
- Ability to work well with all teams; production, sales, design, and administrative
- Ability to work with clients as needed on invoicing matters
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA Preferred, but not required.
If you would like to be considered for this or future opportunities, click our link below to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.Submit Resume