Award Winning Atlanta based Residential Design/Build Remodeling Firm is seeking a highly qualified Construction Project Manager. Please send cover letter and resume to Mosaic@MosaicDesignBuild.com No phone calls please.
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned construction projects for the company, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget and as promised with the highest level of quality and service. The Project Manager will typically be assigned several concurrent projects and will work under the direct supervision of the Production Manager. The Project Manager’s direct reports are the trade partners, carpenters and other crew members as assigned.
When joining our company, you and your career can benefit as follows:
- Top-notch benefits including paid health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401k, project rewards program, vehicle and phone allowance
- Collaborative atmosphere where every individual is considered vital to the success of the team
- Pride in delivering a quality product, superior service, and exceptional value
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative thinking
- A competitive drive to be the best in the industry
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing and evolving organization
- Manages the construction process on all assigned projects, so projects are constructed according the plans and associated construction documents, so that schedules are met, and budgets are met or exceeded.
- Manages ordering of construction materials and negotiates contracts with trades people prior to job start.
- Prepares Weekly Job Reports, updates schedules, buys out projects, and communicates daily with MOSAIC Clients.
- Visits jobsites daily and performs quality assurance inspections to ensure work is being performed to MOSAIC construction standards.
- Utilizes the company’s web based production management tool, BuilderTrend, to manage information and facilitate Client communication.
- Prepares/Assists with pricing for the issuance of Change Orders.
- Maintains project job books, reviews material and subcontractor invoices and receipts, delivers invoices and collects Client payments if applicable.
- Participates in and contributes to weekly production and safety meetings.
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude, and shares the responsibility for the Company and Production Department’s success in reaching its goals.
- Interfaces with director of production, design department, accounting, staff carpenters, subcontractors, suppliers, sales, and clients.
- Pursues continual skills and knowledge improvement on his own and through company-sponsored or provided programs.
- Maintains, performs, and manages project safety practices.
- Ensures proper subs and staffing on job to complete work most effectively and efficiently
- Hold subs/vendors accountable for quality of work, costs, schedules and on-site behavior.
- Coordinates job milestone meetings with other team members and clients as outlined in company documents.
- Ensures that warranty work is promptly and thoroughly completed.
- Experience with a general contracting company specializing in remodeling or residential construction.
- BA or BS degree in construction management or experience equivalent.
- Ability to understand architectural intent and work through multiple levels of detail; ability to read and interpret architectural plans, details and specifications. Ability to see in three dimensions from two dimensional data.
- Thorough understanding of construction specifications both within Company and the industry. Including familiarity with the International Residential Building Codes. Comprehension of all units of measure, able to convert between various units of measure.
- Ability to multi-task, which requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of general construction with a good understanding of residential mechanical, electrical, plumbing.
- Computer literacy –competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to perform accurate and thorough take offs from a wide range of drawings.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and personably in both written and verbal forms of communication.
- Able to foresee problems & difficulties and solve proactively.
- Knowledge of building materials, both materials in the industry and Company specific.
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in the industry.
- Team player who takes feedback constructively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions