An excerpt from 8 Steps to Construction Manager Success.
5 Tips from a Pro
Atlanta-based Mosaic Group’s David Shepard, CR, CLC, GCP, lives by these tips for construction managers:
- Know your lead times for all materials before you start the job.
- Have a strong knowledge of building codes. It saves a lot of down time if you catch infractions and correct them before you are inspected.
- Treat your clients independently. If you treat them all the same, you will fail 75 percent of the time.
- Keep informed of new trends and products. When using a product new to you, do extensive research before attempting implementation.
- Read the instructions! Turn in your “Guy Card” on this one.
Article originally published on HousingZone.com.