Where can you find inspiration for your remodeling project? Many homeowners research books, magazines or the Internet to get inspired. If you put in the time to research and build a list of what you like—with pictures— you will have a better sense of which professional can help you achieve your goals.
Five Reasons to Remodel:
- You want to make your home more comfortable and attractive.
- Your family is expanding, and you need more room.
- Your home is outdated, and you want to make the style more current.
- Your home is not functional for your lifestyle.
- Your home is in need of repair.
Whatever the reason, think carefully about what you dislike the most about your home, and which improvements to your home will help you overcome those challenges.
Think to the Future:
- Envision your life 5, 10 or 20 years from now.
- Think about family dynamics and how they will expand or contract.
- How will you address changes to your family’s physical capabilities over time?
- How much are you comfortable saving to pay for your remodel?
- What impact will the remodel have on the environment or your energy usage?
- Are there comparable property values in your neighborhood?
- Does technology play a role in your everyday life?
- Consider needs versus wants.
- Where can you save money? Which extra costs will pay off over the long term?