What are your plans for July 4? Whether you’re staying in town or headed for the beach or mountains, you will find a variety of fun events throughout metro Atlanta surrounding Independence Day.
Here are 10 places to celebrate with friends and family.
1. Memorial Lawn at Stone Mountain. Fireworks display following the Lasershow. July 3-5, 9:30 p.m. Highway 78, Stone Mountain.
2. Dunwoody Fourth of July Parade. Dunwoody Village. Celebration includes marching bands, floats, clowns and mascots who will march from Mt. Vernon Road and Jett Ferry Road to Dunwoody Village. July 4, 9 a.m.
3. Legendary Fourth of July at Lenox Square. Family fun entertainment begins at 10 a.m. Music at 6 p.m. Fireworks at 9:40 p.m.
4. Atlanta Braves Fourth of July. Post-game fireworks at Turner Field. Enjoy a Braves game and a fireworks display choreographed to patriotic music. July 4. Game starts at 7:10 p.m.
5. Chamblee Fourth of July Celebration in Keswick Park.Activities for kids and adults, food, vendors, live music and a fireworks display. July 4, 5-10 p.m.
6. Centennial Olympic Park 4th of July Celebration. Fireworks scheduled for 9:40 p.m. Take a picnic or buy food from nearby restaurants.
7. July 4 Fireworks Extravaganza. Roswell High School. Games and activities begin at 5:30 p.m. Live music at 6 p.m.
8. July 4 Festivities and Fireworks. Wills Park, Alpharetta. 5-10 p.m.
9. Sparks in the Park. E.E. Robinson Park, Sugar Hill. July 3, 6:30-11:30 p.m.
10. Fourth of July Independence Day Celebration. Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, Hiawassee. July 4, 9:45 p.m.
What is your favorite way to celebrate this national holiday?